Friday, January 10, 2014

Trees

I went to go say final goodbyes to my pets today. 

They've been gone for a while, but they will stay here when we leave. I've never been very emotional with the pets, I was mostly fine when they passed, but I felt this was something I had to do. 

In front of three pine trees, I knelt in the snow. 

One tree represents a chessie, passed at twelve. He was strong, calm, and willful. It's been four years, but we sometimes still hear him walking around the house, groaning as he sits down. 

One tree represents a cat, passed at twenty. Older than me, this cat has been with me literally my entire entire life, until two years ago. Generally accepted as a crotchety old bitch, my cat was the typical egotistical old cat. She didn't play, she didn't like being held, and even the dogs were scared of her. But she liked me. Many nights she would hop up into my bed with me. The mornings that she was still there were special, because she cared. Either that or she was too lazy to get up. 

The third tree is another chessie, also passed at twelve, but only a few months ago. She was ditzy, dumb, but oh so full of love and energy. She loved to swim, and would never leave the water of we allowed it. Even after a litter of eight and as age and illness took their hold, she never lost enthusiasm or joy. She was the four legged essence of happy. 

In front of three pine trees, I knelt in the snow. 

Saying final goodbyes. 



I went over and talked to the big oak as well. Just said a few words to the tree. 

It's not weird. 

No comments:

Post a Comment