Thursday, January 16, 2014

Decisions

Being new to blogging, I was sure what website or medium to use. I did a bit of research, and found the best two free blogging sites that fit what I wanted were Wordpress and Blogger.

Not knowing anything really about either of them, I decided to try both and see which I liked. I created an account on each, spacetape.wordpress.com and spacetape.blogspot.com. I alternated which one I wrote posts in, and then copied the post to the other site. Doing this, I hoped to find which one I liked better, then stick with that one.

Each site has pros and cons to it, things I like better over the other site. I kind of like the format and layout of the Wordpress blog better, and I like the appearance of the blog more. Blogger is a bit easier to use and has the mobile app with it, which is convenient. Wordpress has a mobile app as well, but it wouldn't work on my iPod. All in all, they are pretty similar.

In the end, I have decided to go with Blogger, largely because of the mobile app. I don't really think I'd ever take advantage of a lot of the customizability of Wordpress, as I don't know HTML coding or whatever might be needed. Another thing that is influencing me is that at the time of posting, my Wordpress blog has 8 views while my Blogger has 185 views... I don't know how or why, or where they are all coming from, but it's clear Blogger is a bit better for getting your blog seen.

Heh, another thing that Blogger has over Wordpress that I noticed, though it might just be the settings I have, is some of the formatting in the posts don't work as they might. For example:









I just hit "enter" ten times. On Wordpress, there's just one line break, but on Blogger there's a huge gap.

Anyway, if you're reading this on Wordpress right now, it is probably one of the top two posts. You can find the continuation of my blog at spacetape.blogspot.com. I will see you there.

I'm not sure what to do with Wordpress now though...

No comments:

Post a Comment