Monday, January 6, 2014

A Trio of Poems...

You started out as just another new person. You were cute though, and sweet, much as your name suggests. Everyone seemed to like you, and I was no exception. But I didn't think much of it.

I found out you had a thing with him, that he had claimed you, made you his. I didn't know how much, I thought he was just talk. It wasn't. I got a little jealous. I always get a little jealous. 

I got a little crush. I got a little flirty. I don't know exactly when it turned from being kind, always wanting to talk to you to being something more, but it became something more. 

It became long private messages that left us sweaty. 

It became long calls that made us breathless. 

It became mistakes and regrets, misplaced trust and hurt feelings. 
I'm sorry for that...

Even so, I stayed with you, even though you stayed with him. 



I saved your life. 

I saved your soul. 

But in return, I broke your heart. 
Then I think I made it whole. 


I'm not bragging for what I did for you, I'm not exaggerating, or trying to paint myself in a good light. I care about you, and I would do anything for you. 

I will catch you if you fall. 

But first, I will help you to never lose your balance. 


Yet here I am, pushing you over again, until you fall.... Head over heels.... For me. 

It was never my intention to make you love me. It was never my intention to make you feel so guilty. It was never my intention to drive this spike between you and him....

It was never my intention to fall for you too....

Yet here I am, eagerly awaiting your replies. Here I am, getting jealous when you talk to him, who you have every right to talk to. Here I am, hoping so much that you'll step off a plane and into my bed, so I can hold you in my arms and keep you safe...

But I shouldn't. That plane is headed to him. I was just the sexual distraction because I have no self restraint. I didn't want to hurt him, but when you smiled at me, I forgot...

Then you let me into your life, and I saw who you really are....

And you are beautiful.

You let me in, and you've done so much for me, more than I expected you to, more than you should have. You trusted me to take a huge step, you were comforted by my hand when you were terrified....

You let me in. 

You let me change your life...

And I was able to make you happy. When all seemed bleak, when you were so deeply blue, I made you smile. 

And you made me glow. 

It scares me. I never thought, never expected I could have so much of an impact on someone, yet I did. 

It scares me, that I might not be worth it. That I might not be the hero you think I am. 

You've told me you wish that plane was coming towards me instead of him. I wish it too... I would love to be with you... 

And if I was, I wouldn't worry about you. I wouldn't worry about me. 

I would worry about him. He is my friend too, and I don't want to hurt him... I'm scared that he has given too much of himself over, and I know you are too. 

But you're not happy. I want you to be happy.

I just don't know what to do...



But I sure as hell am going to try anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment