Do you know how it hurts when a fairytale burns?
Love is a refugee
Ain't that absurd?
You know how it feels
When starlight and dreams slowly fade to grey
This is my independence day
Love is a refugee
Ain't that absurd?
You know how it feels
When starlight and dreams slowly fade to grey
This is my independence day
Last night was one of the worst nights I've had in a long time.
Yes, I went to bed really late, when I knew I had to be up early in the morning, but that's really nothing new for me. It's just, when I went to bed, I felt cold, but I didn't throw on any extra blankets. I just buried myself further into the ones I had. As the night progressed... it's difficult to put into words, if I can even remember what I was feeling. I don't know if I couldn't sleep, or if I woke up, or if I was dreaming, but I remember feeling fear... I think. Maybe pain. Maybe frustration. I just remember clutching my pillow and it felt like it was burning hot. I thought maybe I had an electric blanket on too high, but I didn't have it on the bed even. I don't know what was happening, but I remember being afraid that my pillow would burn my skin, yet I didn't get up. When my alarm started going off, four hours after I went to bed, I ignored it or hit snooze. Again, as is normal, except the song that was playing worked its way into my head, and the message was not the most pleasant one... I finally got up, fifteen minutes late for class, burning, sweaty, cold, with a splitting headache,
and afraid.
No comments:
Post a Comment